AT THE EPISCOPAL CHURCH CENTER OF UTAH
About the Center
The 140-year journey of the Episcopal Church in Utah continues with the Episcopal Church Center of Utah and Wasatch Retreat and Conference Center.
The Episcopal Church Center of Utah (ECCU) is located in the heart of historic downtown Salt Lake City next to The Cathedral Church of St. Mark. The ECCU houses diocesan offices and the Wasatch Retreat and Conference Center.
The Episcopal Church in Utah has a glorious Utah history. In 1870, Bishop Daniel Tuttle laid the cornerstone of the Cathedral Church of St. Mark on this historic Salt Lake City block. This bold statement represented optimism and commitment, as there were not enough Episcopalians from the Canadian border to Mexico to fill the Cathedral at the time. St. Mark’s Cathedral is now the third oldest Episcopal Cathedral in America and the oldest church in continuous use in Utah.
Completed in 2008, the ECCU is located adjacent to historic Cathedral Church of St. Mark. After numerous changes through the years, the land is now at peace. It houses the latest milestone of the bold journey of the Episcopal Church in Utah: The Wasatch Retreat and Conference Center.
As we remember those who were before us, we celebrate and give thanks for our new Episcopal home.